Sunday, May 19, 2019

Myles Powers
May 19, 2019
11:00 p.m.

Weekly Reflection #3:
As my third and final full week of Senior Project concluded, I reflected on my time in the office, and how much I was going to miss the learning experience as well as the patients coming in and out everyday. I didn’t realize I would create these “mini” bonds/friendships with these patients, and also did not realize how helpful they were when telling me about their stories and their injuries. During this last full week, I continued to take down notes of new exercises and stretches I was learning as well as new patients and their full evaluations. I also had my final quiz of Senior Project on Thursday, and I got another 100%. This quiz was on the ligaments (anterior cruciate ligament, etc.)  and tendons (popliteus tendon) in the knee, as well as the bones and bone structures in the knee. I also began to work on both my slideshow, gathering materials for my table at Express Fest, and work on my 1,000 word paper that is due on Tuesday. I am excited for Express Fest because I get to finally share my work with the community as well as wrap up my senior year!
This final week really pushed me towards achieving my goals to the fullest as well as allowed me to sit back and continue to be the student I am. I was able to give exercises and stretches to patients as well as stretch out a patients hamstring, something I thought I would not do at the beginning of this project. I continued to shadow Diane and gain as much information as I could from her, writing down everything she told me. I also gained a lot of experience by giving patients exercises as well as stretching out a patient. I am sad that Senior Project went by so quickly, but very thankful for Diane allowing me to come into the office and learn about the PT field. I will continue to push during these last two days and take the information I learned during these past 3 and a half weeks and apply it when I am studying similar subjects in college!

Total Hours: 49.5

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff, Myles! I'd love to see those quizzes you took :) I hope A&P was a good base for your project. Really looking forward to seeing your booth at Express Fest!

    ReplyDelete

Myles Powers May 21, 2019 10:59 a.m. Day 17: Today I did not go into the office because I finished up my hours in there, but I also nee...